Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hi! I just want to share what has happened to me these past two months that have flown by. It's been a while since I updated my blog.

Well, I was so glad that I am enrolling in my school this September. I don't have any money for tuition, but I still believe God brought me to this school and He will provide what I need. He has thus far, and I know he knows my every need.

There are a lot of things that I want to share about my life, especially regarding being a single mom. My daughter and I bought a recipe book, and we both love to bake cookies in our bonding time. God is so great for every situation in my life. There are many times when I experience trials, especially about finances, but I always trust God and wait for his will. I know that He is the one who provides.

With regards to our ministries, we are praying to have a scholarship program for the kids who are not attending school because of lack of money. We are planning to support one of our students in daycare named Princess, because she is already 6 years old and she is ready to go to school. Also, Babbes is one of the kids in our "Batang Krayola" children's activities and feeding program. She is not attending school because her parents have no money to pay the balance from her tuition, but she is a smart girl and really desires to study. We're also planning to support these children's needs for school (such as providing school supplies). Please do pray for that scholarship program, because we still need to raise financial support to do that.


I was so inspired when I recently watched "We Day". We Day is an initiative of Free the Children. If you aren't familiar with We Day, it was created by Free The Children to celebrate the power of young people to create positive change. The event brings inspirational speeches and performances to young leaders. Students then bring that energy home to take action on local and international issues all year long. Free The Children's We Day is the celebration, the inspiration and the vehicle for young people to change the world. When I watched the event, I asked myself what should I do to make a difference in the world? Jesus came to earth to show that we can make a difference through Him. I am so thankful to God that He let me know that I can make a difference. After We Day, there was something I couldn't explain weighing on my heart. I'm was thinking of the kids that don't attend school because they don't have money to pay the tuition fee, and kids from some of provinces here in the Philippines walk two or three hours just to go to school. When they get to school, they are so tired, but they do that because they want to learn! I'm thinking about children like them, and I'm asking God what could I do to make a difference in their lives? I pray to God, that He will use me. I cried so much to the Lord, especially when I saw children from different countries who also don't attend school because of their poverty. God put something in my heart - that I have the freedom to make a difference in this world! I believe that God will use me to make a difference, I will shout freedom to free the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Great Is our God!!!!! Praise God! This month God answered our prayers about the health of our students and God used some professionals to help. Last October 19, 2010, a doctor volunteered to give our students a check-up, and we gave some vitamins and cough medicine for the kids. I was so amazed by what God did in our ministry. Also, this last October 22, one of the Canadian missionaries here named Justin Eisinga had his sister visit us. She ran a health seminar for the parents of our students so they could know how to better protect the health of their kids. She gave us some tips on how to clean wounds and on first aid. It was great to have a seminar for the mothers, and it will help us so much! Thank you for all your prayers about our daycare ministry!

Last October 26, I took my midterm exam for seminary and I got the result on November 9. I got 94%. Praise God!!!!! I thank God that He brought me to school and I'm learning so much. I can't believe that I'm in Bible School now! When I accepted God, this is what I asked of Him. I told him that I want to go to Bible School, and now God answered my prayer. Even though there are times when I need some things like books and tuition, and I don't have work to raise money, but I have God to provide for everything I need. One reason that I want to go to school is so i will know God more, and I want to study for my ministry. Please continue to pray for my school. I appreciate your help and prayers. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment